Thursday, August 10, 2006

Desires of The Heart


The desires of mankind's heart rarely stray from one of three things: Money, Beauty, or Love. More often than not any particular desire involves all three. These are our vices. This being true means that it's challenging to surprise people with what you want, at least completely. Well today I was surprised.

I was at work going about my normal routine semi-observing the spastic behavior of a small girl and her small friend. They ran around giggling a lot until finally the first stopped, as though completely possessed by a new thought. She paused and proclaimed,

"I wish I smelled like strawberry shortcake!!!"

She resumed her giddiness and that was all. Nothing else seemed important enough for her to stop to say so I suppose this was of some significance to her. There are very few desires I have that I take the time inform others of and when I do I mean it. This seemed to be small girl #1 M.O. as well. I could be wrong though...

10 Comments:

Blogger Miriam Solomon said...

i wanna smell like clean sheets and cotton lotion! :)

1:56 AM  
Blogger HMS said...

I know I know!!! "The Wedding Planner". I am one after all...(hardly) jenifer lopez really should never have tried acting...or singing or even living for that matter. *sigh C'est la vie

4:23 PM  
Blogger Miriam Solomon said...

wow holly: kind of harsh?

10:03 AM  
Blogger HMS said...

You're right Miriam, that was out of line. I will now take up a repentant spirit. I'm glad you can be the angel on my proverbial shoulder. But now lets be honest can you think of one movie she's been in that you'd see more than once? Really, can you?

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, Ben. You're the only person that can continuely make me laugh and cringe at the same time!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Miriam Solomon said...

enough.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enough of what? When did you become a judge?

I wish I would smell like something that would throw people off.... Like pizza or a new car or even wine/beer/salmon/tri-tip vomit.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Miriam Solomon said...

enough is a movie steve, w/ j.lo which pertains to holly's comment.

6:38 PM  
Blogger HMS said...

I don't know that you can acurately portray the repercussions of domestic abuse in less than 2 hours. People do seem to keep trying though. My main question I guess would be, "Why would you want to?"

6:55 PM  
Blogger Miriam Solomon said...

i agree mary: she does have a nice karate chop! :) and holly, i don't know why i watch it maybe the temporary satisfaction that she got revenge, only to come to the remember that it isn't reality...

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home