Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Negative 5 Stars


I have spent the last two days watching FAR too many movies! Which wouldn't bother me so much if I hadn't during this time also come to the disappointing realization that it's quite a challenge to find a really good movie. I went to the video store looking for an old favorite. Knowing that my typical rental facility didn't have it I ventured to another I was not familiar with (*strike 1). I looked around for a while determined to find it myself, but low and behold they too didn't have it (*strike 2). So I picked up a couple others, however when I went to pay I was told that it was "rent 2 get 2 free". I couldn't very well say no so I hurried around the store on what felt like a chore they'd sent me to do and randomly selected two others I that I vaguely recalled someone saying something fairly positive about sometime (*strike 3). I should have know I was out. It's a little sad to think about those wasted hours, but I'm over it. I would however like to know of some sure fire winners so as not to be disappointed next time. Oh and please no light romantic comedies, after the one I saw last night, which by the way not even Colin Firth could save, I have quite a distaste for the general storyline. I've come to the realization that I just honestly don't care if they end up together....sad but true. Carry on!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should check out The 12 Monkeys.
Some of Brad Pitt's best acting.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now Im curious though, especially since I keep track of movies I shouldnt bother watching just as much as I list the ones that are.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home